CHICAGO-STYLE BROCCOLI PIZZA
Chicago-Style Broccoli Pizza
Time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ pound fresh broccoli, separated into florets
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 13 oz. package of refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a wide skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add onions, garlic and broccoli and sauté over medium heat until broccoli is tender, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place wire rack on lower rack guide. Preheat your oven for 10 minutes using Pizza Function.
- Stretch out dough to fit cookie sheet, leaving edges thicker than middle of dough. Cover surface with shredded mozzarella, making sure to leave ½ inch of the edge of the dough uncovered. Spread broccoli mixture evenly over cheese and top with Parmesan.
- Bake using Pizza Function for 25 minutes until crust is a lovely color and cheese bubbles. Remove from oven and allow to rest until cheese sets. Slice and serve!