BOSTON BAKED BEANS
Boston Baked Beans
Serves: 4 generously
Low pressure, 90 minutes
- 2 cups dried white beans, about 1 pound
- 1/3 pound salt pork, diced (or slab bacon)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 ½ teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Soak the beans in water overnight. Drain.
- Use the Brown setting to sear the pork on all sides. Remove. Turn off the Brown setting. Remove the excess drippings.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the cooker and enough water to cover the beans well. Close the lid and turn the knob to Pressure. Set the timer for 90 minutes at LOW pressure.
- When done, release the pressure and open the cooker.