GREEK TOMATO SOUP
Greek Tomato Soup
Low pressure, 20 + 15 minutes
- 2 pounds of beef, i.e. a chuck roast in one piece
- 2 beef knuckle bones
- 4 cups water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 cups crushed tomato
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 large carrots peeled
- 1 leek very well washed
- 2 large sprigs of parsley
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 4 very small red waxy potatoes, scrubbed and left whole
- 2 cups very fine noodles prepared, (about ¼ pound)
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Place the whole piece of meat and the bones in the cooker.
- Pour in the water, season with the salt and pepper, close the lid and turn the knob to Pressure.
- Set the timer for 20 minutes at LOW Pressure. When done, release the pressure and open the cooker.
- Remove the beef bones as the cooker will be too full with the addition of rest of the ingredients.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the noodles and cheese. Close the lid and set the time for an additional 15 minutes at LOW Pressure.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles, drain and reserve. Release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Transfer the meat and vegetables to a warm platter. Strain the remaining liquid into a serving bowl, pressing with the back of a wooden spoon to extract as much of the liquid as possible.
- Discard what remains in the sieve.
- Mix the noodles into the soup and serve with grated cheese. In individual dishes arrange portions of the meat and vegetables and serve at the same time as the soup. A hearty mustard is excellent for the meat and vegetables.