- 1 ½ cups short-grain sushi rice
- 2 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup rice vinegar (also known as sushi vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons Mirin (sweetened sake)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Rinse the rice under cold water and drain. Place in the cooker.
- Add water and set to rice cook.
- In the meantime, mix the salt, Mirin and Rice Vinegar in a measuring cup- stirring well to dissolve the salt.
- Once the rice cook cycle is complete, release pressure but leave the lid closed and allow the rice to rest on the warm setting for 5 minutes.
- Remove the rice and place in a non-metallic bowl. Swirl the dressing over the rice in a spiral pattern and gently stir the mixture into the rice with a rice paddle. The rice should have a sticky texture with a glossy appearance. This rice is intended to be used for preparing sushi rolls with Nori (seaweed) sheets along with the vegetable & seafood ingredients of your choice