SWEET CORN CHOWDER
Sweet Corn Chowder
Cooking time: 10 minutes + 6 hours
- 3 cups corn kernels cut from 4 ears of fresh sweet corn (can use frozen but won’t be as sweet)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups peeled and diced white potatoes
- ¾ cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 cup chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- Brown the corn in butter using the Brown setting on the cooker. This should take about 10 minutes for the corn to turn golden and very sweet.
- Change to the slow cooker setting and add the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Cover and cook for 6 hours on the LOW slow cooking setting. Serve with crusty French bread. For a creamy version, stir in 1 cup sour cream and serve.