Cooking Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup corn meal
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 16-oz. corn, cream-style
- ½ cup cooked and chopped bacon, or pkg. of real bacon bits
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large jalapenos, or more, chopped
- ½ pound cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix cornmeal and bacon together. Set aside.
- In 9-inch cake pan, crumble ground beef, chopped onions and peppers. On high rack, at 400ºF, cook beef for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- In 2 8-inch cake pans, lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray, divide and layer cornmeal mixture, beef, cheese; repeat.
- On low rack, bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes, covering with foil the last five minutes to prevent browning.