CARAMEL TURTLE CHEESECAKE
Caramel Turtle Cheesecake
Cooking Time: 24 min.
- 1 low-fat graham cracker crust
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup coconut
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 low fat cream cheese, 8 oz. each, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup Splenda® brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Caramel ice cream topping, sugar-free
- Optional little chocolate covered caramel candies
- In an 8 inch cake pan (not included with oven) put butter, coconut and pecans and add to high rack in oven. Bake for 4 minutes on 400ºF, stirring often and watching closely not to burn coconut. Remove and cool.
- In food processor, add cream cheese, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and process till smooth, scraping sides. Pour half of mixture into graham cracker shell and top with half coconut-pecan mixture and drizzle with caramel topping; top with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Bake on low rack at 325ºF for 20 minutes. Take out and top with remaining coconut-pecan mixture and drizzle with caramel topping. May add halved chocolate covered caramel candies for garnish. Refrigerate.