SAVORY ROASTED CHICKEN
Savory Roasted Chicken
Cooking Time: 35 min.
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 whole lemons that have been poked all over with a fork
- Rinse the chicken inside and out under cold water, pat dry using a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice with oil and melted butter until blended, then rub all over the chicken and under the skin of the chicken breast.
- Rub the inside and outside of the chicken with seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and cayenne (you can season the chicken under the skin also if desired). Place the lemons inside the cavity. Using cotton string, tie the legs together tightly.
- Place chicken on low rack in oven, breast side down. Bake for 35 minutes at 400°F. Turn chicken over so breast side is up. Top oven with extender ring and bake an additional 30 minutes or until the temperature of an instant read thermometer registers 165°F when inserted into the thickest part of a thigh.
- Cover with foil and let sit for 15 minutes before slicing.