GRILLED MAHI MAHI WITH BLACK BEAN SALSA
Grilled Mahi Mahi With Black Bean Salsa
Cooking Time: 5 min.
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- Black pepper, fresh ground
- 4 8-oz. Mahi Mahi steaks or fillets, about 1 inch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, for greasing the grill grates
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large scallions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 14-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup cilantro, fresh chopped
- 1 large jalapeño, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, about 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the soy sauce, orange juice, ketchup, honey, lime juice and zest, basil, oregano, and pepper in a Ziploc bag and mix well. Add the fish fillets and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Toss the tomatoes, scallions, black beans, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Add some salt to taste and set aside to let the flavors develop.
- Oil or spray the grill grate. Lay a sheet of foil in the bottom of the oven and place the low rack on top of the foil. Lay the fish directly on the rack and grill at 450ºF for 3 minutes.
- Turn over and grill for 1 – 2 more minutes or until desired doneness. Serve with the black bean salsa and lime wedges.