- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 2 (8 ounce) packages dirty rice mix
- 5 cups water
- 2 pounds whole cooked crawfish, peeled
- 3/4 medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- ½ pound Andouille sausage, sliced into rounds
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Heat oil in paella pan over medium high heat. Sear chicken on all sides until browned.
- Stir in dirty rice mix and water. Stir in crawfish, shrimp, sausage, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion and garlic.
- Bring mixture to a boil, and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender, and moisture is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.