- ½ - ¾ pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large cloves of garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 dried red chili pepper with stem and seeds removed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- Sea salt to taste
- Dry shrimp and sprinkle with sea salt on both sides. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in paella pan. Add the garlic and chili pepper. When the garlic begins to turn golden brown add the shrimp. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring for about two minutes, or until the shrimp are just done.
- Sprinkle in paprika, parsley and salt. Serve immediately.