- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon saffron (omit if rice already contains this ingredient)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup long grain rice or yellow rice with saffron
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 6 ounce chicken breast, skinless
- 1/2 pound fresh shrimp
- 1 pound mussels
- 2 pounds clams
- 2, 3 ounce lobster tails
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
Preheat oven to 350 °F. Let peas defrost. Chop the onion, tomato and bell peppers. Peel shrimp. Cut chicken into small cubes. Scrub the clams and mussels, discarding any that are open
- Coat the paella pan with olive oil. Preheat the paella pan for one minute at med-high heat.
- Sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes or until slightly brown. Add the rice, sauté until golden, stirring often to avoid burning.
- Add the wine and saffron. Stir until wine is absorbed. Stir in 2 cups of chicken stock, ¼ cup at a time stirring until the rice absorbs the stock.
- Add peppers. Add final cup of chicken stock. Add cubed chicken.
- Add shrimp, clams, lobster and mussels & cover with rice. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until mussels open.
- Add peas, tomato and artichokes and bake for 2 additional minutes. Serve immediately.