Recommended Cookware: 6 Qt Pressure Cooker
Pressure Cooking Time: 18 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inches
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 14oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, halved
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- Set induction burner on SEAR and add olive oil to a 6-quart pressure cooker. Once the oil is hot, add the beef in batches and cook, turning occasionally until browned, about 6 minutes per batch.
- Transfer the beef to a plate once browned and season with salt and pepper. Once all the cubes are browned combine beef, carrots, onions, tomatoes, bay leaves, rosemary, thyme, and pepper in the pressure cooker. Add wine, mushrooms and olives.
- Cover, lock and bring to high pressure using the STIR-FRY setting on the induction burner.
- Use BOIL setting to stabilize pressure and cook for 18 minutes. Depressurize cooker using quick-release method. Carefully remove the cover and discard the bay leaves.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour and ½ cup of the cooking liquid from the pressure cooker. Blend and whisk the mixture into the sauce in the cooker.
- Cook the sauce on the induction burner using the BOIL setting, stirring occasionally until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic, orange zest and parsley and serve.