PAN SEARED SIRLOIN WITH RED WINE SAUCE
Pan Seared Sirloin with Red Wine Sauce
Cooking Time: 22 min.
- 1 pound sirloin steak (about 1" thick)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ½ cup red wine
- ½ cup beef broth
- Splash red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Rub steak with salt and pepper and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Set induction burner on SEAR setting and heat the oil in a 9 ½” skillet.
- When oil just begins to smoke put the steak in. Cook 2-3 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Remove steaks to a side plate and pour off ½ the oil.
- Add the shallot and cook for 1-2 minutes until soft.
- Add the red wine and beef broth, deglazing the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Reduce liquid by half. Add red wine vinegar. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Add butter, stirring constantly.
- Return steak to pan and coat with the sauce and serve.