Serves: 4 Pints
Pressure Cooking Time: 10 minutes/High Pressure
Headspace: ½ inch
- 12- 4” cucumbers, sliced in quarters
- 1 ½ cups vinegar, 5% acidity
- 2 ¼ cups water
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons dill weed, fresh, 1 per pint
- 4 garlic cloves, 1 per pint
- 4 teaspoons mustard seed, 1 per pint
- 16 peppercorns, 4 per pint
- Place washed and sliced cucumbers in a large bowl. Cover with a layer of ice cubes and refrigerate for 4 hours. Drain completely.
- Combine salt, vinegar and water. Heat to boiling. Pack the cucumbers into jars. Leave 1 inch headspace.
- Place dill, garlic, mustard seeds and peppercorns into each jar. Pour hot vinegar brine over cucumbers and spices in each jar, leaving ½ inch of headspace.
- Cap and seal. Place in canner with 2 to 3 inches of hot water.