VEGETABLE BEEF STEW
Vegetable Beef Stew
Serves: 4 Pints
Pressure Cooking Time: 75 minutes/High Pressure
Headspace: 1 inch
- 1 pound stew beef, boneless, cubes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups beef broth, or water
- 4 small carrots, scrubbed and sliced
- 3 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 ½ celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pepper & garlic powder to taste
- In a large saucepan, brown the meat in the oil. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the vegetables and seasonings. Cover with boiling broth (or boiling water) and ladle into hot, clean jars, leaving 1 inch of headspace.
- Cap and seal. Place in canner with 2 to 3 inches of hot water.