SPICED APPLE CRUNCH
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 lemon (juice and rind)
3 apples, sliced
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups water
- Butter a Fagor baking dish or 6" baking dish. Combine bread crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, juice and rind of lemon.
- Place alternate layers of apples and crumbs in baking dish. Pour melted butter over ingredients and cover bowl firmly with aluminum foil.
- Place water, cooking rack and bowl in cooker. Close lid and bring to high pressure and cook for 15 minutes.
- Release pressure, remove the lid and the steamer basket with dish or baking tray. Loosen the foil and cool.
- If you wish to add more color and crunch, run the dish quickly under the broiler (watch carefully to prevent burning).