Cheesy Pasta Casserole
Pressure Cooking Time: 3-4 min*
1. Heat a couple of tablespoons of butter. Soften the chopped onion, carrot and celery. Add ground meat, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and ground pepper. Break up the meat carefully and brown on all sides. When all of the water from the meat has evaporated add a swig of red wine - enough to de-glaze the cooker. Wait for it to evaporate fully before continuing with the recipe.
2. Add pasta, tomato puree, another 2 teaspoon salt and enough water to cover the pasta. Flatten it as much as possible (to use as little water as possible).
3. Close and lock. Turn the heat to high. When pressure is reached, lower the heat and cook 3-4 minutes at high pressure (or for 5 minutes at low pressure). Release the pressure.
4. Stir and let the pasta sit for about a minute to cool.
5. Pour half the contents into an oiled casserole. Sprinkle half the cheese on top. Pour out the rest on top of that and sprinkle the rest of the cheese, dot with pats of butter to taste.
6. Place casserole under grill for 3-5 minutes, until all the cheese has melted and starts to turn gold. Let the casserole rest for about 5 minutes.
*Note: Cooking times vary depending on portion size, heating method and other possible variables. We recommend you cook your meal until the minimum time and add additional cooking time if needed for meal completion.
-> Recipe and image contributed by: www.hippressurecooking.com