SPINACH PESTO PASTA
Spinach Pesto Pasta
Pressure Cooking Time: 3-4 min*
- 1 pound or fusilli, rotini any other pasta that can capture the spinach
- 1 pound spinach, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 4 garlic cloves (2 smashed, 2 finely chopped or pressed)
- 1/4 cup or 2 ounce pine nuts, whole or chopped according to preference
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- In the pre-heated pressure cooker, on medium-high heat without the top, add a swirl of olive oil the smashed garlic cloves and spinach. Stir occasionally to ensure the spinach doesn't scorch. Sauté’ until the spinach is dry and does not release any more liquid.
- Then, add the pasta, salt and enough water to just cover the pasta. Mix well and smooth it out with a spatula to get an even layer.
- Turn heat to high. When pressure is reached, lower the heat and cook for 3-4 minutes at HIGH pressure (or for 5 minutes at LOW pressure). Release the pressure
- When time is up, open the pressure cooker by releasing pressure Add the finely chopped garlic, give the contents a stir and let the pasta sit and cool for about a minute while you gather the bowls and utensils.
- Top each bowl with a sprinkling of pine nuts a small swirl of fresh olive oil, and a dusting of cheese
*Note: Cooking times vary depending on portion size, heating method and other possible variables. We recommend you cook your meal until the minimum time and add additional cooking time if needed for meal completion.
-> Recipe and image contributed by: www.hippressurecooking.com