SUN-DRIED TOMATO RISOTTO
1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes
1 cup water
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup Arborio rice
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Finely chopped fresh parsley leaves for sprinkling risotto if desired
- In the pressure cooker, simmer the tomatoes in the water for 1 minute, drain them, reserving the liquid, and chop them.
- Cook the onion and the garlic in the oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until they are softened, add the rice, stirring until each grain is coated with oil, and stir in the tomatoes. Combine the reserved cooking liquid and the broth; add the liquid to the cooker and bring to a simmer.
- Close the lid, bring to high pressure and cook for 6 minutes. Release the pressure with the cold water release method.
- Open the cooker and taste the risotto. It should be barely tender (al dente). If necessary, return to medium heat add a small amount of liquid and stir until rice is slightly tender.
- Stir in the Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle the risotto with the parsley.
- Let stand 1 minute before serving.
Approximate Nutritional Information Per Serving
220 calories, 6g protein, 25g carbohydrates, 11g fat, 5mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium
Estimated Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Estimated Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total: 15 minutes