SALMON MARINATED IN RASPBERRY SAUCE WITH HERBS
6 salmon steaks (1 inch thick)
1 pint raspberry vinegar (see directions below)
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 leeks, cut into 1/2 inch slices
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 cup bottled clam juice
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon sherry
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
Fresh raspberries, as garnish*
- Marinate salmon steaks in raspberry vinegar, cover them and refrigerate them for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker. Add leeks, garlic and parsley and sauté for 2 minutes. Add clam juice, lemon juice, sherry, salt, pepper and dill; stir well. Remove salmon steaks from raspberry vinegar marinade and place in cooking liquid.
- Close lid, bring to high pressure, then lower heat and cook for 3 minutes. Release pressure using automatic release method and remove lid.
- Transfer salmon steaks to serving platter. Arrange leeks around steaks and garnish with fresh raspberries.
- In large stainless steel pan, place 2 pints ripe red raspberries.
Cover them with one pint of cider vinegar. Let stand in cool place for 3 days. Strain liquid and store in sterile, well-corked glass bottle.
Note: Raspberry vinegar can also be found in select grocery stores.
Approximate Nutritional Information Per Serving
820 calories, 81g protein, 18g carbohydrates, 46g fat, 265mg cholesterol, 720mg sodium
*not included in nutritional analysis
Estimated Prep Time: 5 minutes
Estimated Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Total: 10 minutes