Pressure Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- Pinch salt
- Pinch curry powder
- Two 14-ounce packages extra-firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- One 12-ounce bottle barbecue sauce
- Heat the olive oil in the pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onion, green and red pepper, and celery. Season with salt and curry powder. Cook 2 minutes. Add the tofu and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the barbecue sauce. Cover and bring to high pressure over HIGH heat. Lower the heat to stabilize the pressure. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Release the pressure by using the automatic pressure release.
- Unlock and remove the cover.
Tip: Try serving this dish with brown jasmine rice.
*Recipe adapted from Pressure Cookers For Dummies, 2nd Edition (John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2012), by Tom Lacalamita