BASIC QUINOA RECIPE
Basic Quinoa Recipe
Serves: 4 cups
Pressure Cooking Time: 7 minutes
- 1 ½ cups quinoa, rinsed well and drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Combine the quinoa, water, and oil in the pressure cooker
- Cover and bring to HIGH pressure over high heat. Lower the heat to stabilize the pressure. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Release the pressure by using the automatic pressure release.
- Unlock and remove the cover. The quinoa should be slightly chewy. If it’s hard, return to Step 2 and cook it for an additional 1 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer.
*Recipe adapted from Pressure Cookers For Dummies, 2nd Edition (John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2012), by Tom Lacalamita