Hip Stuffed Zucchini
Pressure Cooking Time: 3 min
1. Slice the zucchini in 1.5" or 4 cm thick rounds (reserve ends if desired). Scoop out the innards to 3/4 the depth to make little cups. Heat olive oil, the zucchini innards, pressed garlic cloves. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook until they are softened and set aside in a mixing bowl. Do not clean the pressure cooker.
2. While the zucchini innards are still warm, mix with ricotta, bread crumbs, thyme, oregano and salt and pepper. Stuff the zucchini.
3. Back in the pressure cooker, soften the chopped onions with olive oil and add the can of chopped tomatoes, basil, and half a cup of water.
4. Place the steamer basket in the pressure cooker on top of the tomato sauce. Place the stuffed zucchini cups (and reserved ends) on the steamer basket. Close and lock. When the cooker reaches pressure cook for 3 min at high pressure. When the time is up, release pressure.
5. Carefully pull out the zucchini cups with tongs. If the tomato sauce is still a bit watery, you can do a second round of zucchini cups. Otherwise, keep the flame on to reduce it a bit, and then pour the tomato sauce onto a serving platter.
*Note: If you could not fit all of your zucchini cups in the pressure cooker in the first batch, and your sauce is already reduced, just add two more cups of water in your pan, replace the steamer basket and steam the rest of the zucchini cups as directed.
-> Recipe and image contributed by: www.hippressurecooking.com