Pressure Cooking Time: 3 min
1. Wash and cube the eggplant. To get the bitter liquid out of the eggplant, put it in a strainer and sprinkle the cubes with salt. Add a plate on top of the cubed eggplant and some kind of weight on top of that to push it down and leave them to rest for about half an hour or more.
2. Heat 2 Tablespoon of olive oil, the garlic clove (with the wrapper still on), the pinch of hot pepper, the oregano and anchovies. Turn the flame on the lowest setting and swish everything around to flavor the oil. If the oil starts to bubble and fry turn it off immediately.
3. Carefully remove the garlic clove and wrapper. Separate the diced eggplant into two piles. Turn the heat up to medium and add half of the eggplant into the pressure cooker. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Lightly brown one pile of eggplant. Add the remaining eggplant and the roasted garlic clove you removed earlier. Quickly mix the new additions with the browned eggplant and close the pressure cooker lid.
5. Close and lock the lid. Turn the heat to high. Once pressure is reached drop the heat to low and cook 3 minutes at high pressure.
6. When the time is up release all of the steam and move the eggplant to a serving dish to stop it from cooking further.
-> Recipe and image contributed by: www.hippressurecooking.com